You may apply to foster:
- Whatever your race, religion, language, culture, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- If you are married, single, have a partner, are divorced or widowed.
- If you already have children of your own – provided your children are happy to accept a foster child into your home.
- Whether or not you are in employment. Your employment circumstances will be discussed with you to ensure that you will be able to balance the demands of your employment situation with the demands of fostering.
- If you are retired – provided you are able to balance your retirement plans with the demands of fostering.
- If your own childhood was difficult – provided you have been able to reflect on the experience and can now use this in a positive way to help children/young people.
- Provided you have space in your home. It is preferable that a child/young person has their own bedroom.
- Provided you are in good health and enjoy the company of children/young people.
- Provided you do not have a police record for violence or sexual offences.